Deb’s Pumpkin Cheesecake
My wife is a glorious cook. I got VERY lucky. And, she makes both the best pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. Here’s her recipe for the latter:
- One 15-oz can of pumpkin puree
- 9″ pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 T light brown sugar
- 5 T unsalted butter, melted, but some more to butter the pan
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese (14 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinammon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cloves
- 1/4 t allspice
- 5 Large eggs
- I cup heavy cream
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Drain the pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar with the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice
- Mix cream cheese and small bowl of spices together. Beat until creamy
- Add the drained pumpkin puree and one egg at a time. Beat well and then add in the lemon juice and vanilla
- Pour the filling into the crust
- Bake for 12 minutes at 500. Lower the oven to 225 degrees and bake another 3 hours!
- Remove from oven. It will be jiggly! We like jiggly. Let cool, then cover with plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or frozen vanilla yogurt of ice cream.
Go for a long hike after you eat…
Repeat as needed!